Our vision is that:
- The Urban Rangers Individual Career Planning (ICP) process is implemented in partnership with school counselors at high schools attended by rangers.
- Urban Rangers graduating from high school routinely enter pathways leading to the career goals specified in their ICPs, whether the goals are specific (e.g., “carpenter’s apprenticeship”) or general (e.g., “attend a 4-year college.”
- There is an Urban Ranger Troop in every inner-Kansas City neighborhood and/or attached to every high school within the city of Kansas City.
- As the number of Urban Ranger troops expands there will be a significant reduction in high-school dropouts, youth violence and crime.
- Urban Rangers become adults who are self-confident, self-sufficient, responsible citizens who give back to their community and country through volunteerism and philanthropy.
- The Urban Ranger Corps plans, cooperates and coordinates closely with other youth serving organizations, Kansas City high schools, and neighborhood organizations and utilizes the services of volunteers and service organizations, and institutions of higher learning to the maximum feasible extent.